Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Connections!

In our May meeting, we talked about how we can feel connected to many different places in the world. We can feel connected to a place because of a friend or family member, a favorite food, a vacation we took, or a vacation we want to take.

We were able to show that we are all part of a world that is greater than Brooklyn. (Although Brooklyn is pretty great!)

We thought that parents would want to see the places their daughters felt connections to.

The format went like this: I feel connected to ____ because___.

We got the ball rolling by reading our connections. So here they are, in no particular order...


Michelle
Mexico- I love mole sauce and that was where we went on our first family trip with Stella.
Argentina- I would like to learn the tango!
Hawaii- I love the beaches there and spend my summers there.

Martha
New Mexico, USA - I went on my honeymoon there.
India- I love Indian food!
China- My grandmother was born there and I love pandas.

Mariele
Peru- My grandma was born there.
Argentina- My grandpa was born there.
India- My cat's name is India.

Margot F.
Mariele/Brooklyn- We go to school together, we like the same everything.
Connecticut- I have 4 14-year-old cousins there.
India- I like the food there.

Alyssia
Egypt- I'm interested in the pyramids.
Canada- Because it's my family's culture.
St. Martin- I went there for summer once.

Nadia
London- I lived there.
America- I made new friends here.
Italy- I want to learn stuff about it.

Margot F.
Connecticut- I have a summer house there.
Italy- I like the food.
New York- I live here.

Riley
Arizona- I know someone there.
Block Island- I go with my cousins.
Mexico- I like the food.

Isabella
Bagnara, Italy- My family is from there.
Australia- I have cousins who live there.
Florida- I celebrate my birthday there.

Ruby Weingartner
China- I like pandas!
India- I love their food.
Mexico- I went there 3 times with my cousins and grandparents for their 50th Anniversary.

Lily
Mexico- I like quesadillas.
Austria- Because my mom was born there and my grandma and step-grandpa live there.
Cape Cod- I go there almost every year.

Stella
Paris, France- I always wanted to go there.
Hawaii, USA- I go there on vacation.
Florida (Disney World)- Because I love to go every year.

Bea
California- My uncle and aunt, and because there's Disney Land.
Brazil- I've always wanted to go there.
Hawaii- There are dolphins there.

Tess
California- My aunt and my cousins live there.
New York- My sweet mom and dad live there.
Canada- My grandpa and grandma live there.

Lindsay
New York- I lived there all my life.
Japan- I love sushi.
France- My grandpa lived there.

ZĂ©lie
Italy- My dad was born there and I used to live there.
France- My grandma lives there and I used to live there.
Japan- My mom's friend was born there and I love sushi.
New York- Because I live here.

Magali
Michigan- My grama lives there.
Carroll Gardens- I live here.
Florida- My nonna and nonno live there.

Ruby Winters
Greenwich, CT- I was born there and lived there.
Grand Cayman- I go there every year.
Germany- I am German!!!

Sara
India- My dad was born in India.
Tuscan, Arizona- My grandma lives there.
Pittsburgh- My cousins live there.

Aemilia
Korea- My family is Korean and I have Korean food all the time.
Upstate New York- I go there all the time.
Ireland- I am Irish.

Ella
Nantucket- Because my family meets up there for the summer.
Barcelona, Spain- Because I lived there for a year.
Disney World, Florida- Because it's fabulous!





No comments:

Post a Comment